Dill Pickle Macaroni Salad
- 1 (16 oz) package small shell pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 oz. cubed cheddar - or - 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips Double Smoked Bacon cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 2 cups mayo
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (6 oz) cans tuna, drained
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in pot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes (until al dente) and drain. Rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, milk, pickle juice, dill, salt and pepper. Mix in the tuna, onion, celery, frozen peas, cheese, and bacon (if using).
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours before serving