- 1 lb Karl Ehmer Andouille Sausage links
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 egg lightly beaten, for brushing pastry (optional)
- Bauers Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Following the directions on the package, thaw the puff pastry.
- Once softened, divide the pastry sheet in half vertically, and place one-half on a sheet of parchment paper and flatten out, being careful not to tear the pastry at the seams. Brush the dough lightly with some Bauers Mustard sauce.
- Remove the sausage from its wrapper and trim the ends. Then place on the prepared pastry dough. Roll the sausage up in the pastry, using the parchment to aid in rolling. The pastry should be tight around the sausage and free of air pockets. If needed, trim any excess pastry from the ends.
- With a fork, crimp to seal the edges of the dough. Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and place seam side down onto a prepared baking sheet and then brush the dough lightly with the beaten egg wash. This aids in browning the dough but can be omitted. Repeat the process with the second link of sausage.
- If you are preparing these ahead of time, chill the rounds in the fridge until ready to bake. Otherwise, bake for approx. 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven, and serve with Bauers Mustard Dipping Sauce.