- 8 slices Karl Ehmer Double Smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 12-ounce packages frozen corn kernels, white or yellow
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, white, yellow or red
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, light or regular, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, green parts finely chopped (white parts discarded)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chopped Karl Ehmer Smoked Bacon until golden and crisp. Scoop the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and discard all the bacon grease except for a thin coating on the pan, maybe a teaspoon or so.
- Add the corn, onion, and red pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring every so often, until the vegetables are tender and the corn is heated through, 6-8 minutes. Add the cream cheese and milk, stirring until the cream cheese melts and the mixture is evenly combined.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and pepper. Add more salt to taste if needed. Stir in the green onions.
- Serve warm topped with the reserved bacon.
- This dish can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Scoop the creamy corn mixture into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with the bacon and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, heat the corn dish in a 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through.